- Day-to-day transactional recordkeeping.
- Establish accounting system utilizing QuickBooks or Peachtree.
- Cash disbursements, bank reconciliations, A/P, expense reports, A/R, billing, payroll/payroll taxes (Form 941), sales taxes, fixed assets, and various P&L items.
- Basic financial reporting for cash or accrual purposes.
- Focus on monthly oversight of accounting function including preparation of financial statements.
- Accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, debt & equity transactions, capitalized expenditures, tax reporting, and "closing the books".
- Product-level or department-level profitability analysis through cost accounting methods.
Personal Income Taxes
- Tax preparation and planning in the areas of Federal/State income taxes, payroll taxes, sales taxes, estimated tax payments, and various local taxes.
- Small business entities including Corporations (Form 1120), S Corporations (Form 1120S), Partnerships (Form 1065), Limited Liability Companies (LLC's), and Sole Proprietors (Schedule C).
- Income tax preparation and planning for individual clients.
- Federal/State income tax returns including areas such as itemized deductions, Schedule C, estimated tax payments, capital gains on stock sales, and self employment taxes.
- Financial management assistance (part-time) at the CFO or Controller level.
- Funding assistance, cash flow reporting, financial and operational analysis, treasury/cash management, financial models for business plans, and budget preparation.
- Set-up of corporate entity, tax registration, payroll registration, business licenses, set up of accounting system.
- Year-end "clean-up" of accounting records, audit preparation, and specialized financial reporting.